Home About Us News Life Events Safeguarding Contacts
Safeguarding at St Nicholas' Church
St Nicholas' Church is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our church community. We are committed to following legislation, guidance and recognised good practice. We believe that safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone in the church community, and this is reflected in all of our activities.
Policies and procedures
As part of that action plan, we have done the following:
• The PCC is committed to the diocese policy statement on safeguarding. A copy of that statement can be found here: https://www.peterborough-diocese.org.uk/downloads/safeguarding/safeguarding-diopolicy.pdf
• The policy statement recognises that the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of this Parish Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all. We recognise that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
• It is based on six overarching policy commitments, and a foundation of the Gospel, human rights and the law, a set of core principles, and good safeguarding practice.
• St Nicholas' Church has formally adopted the Church of England’s policies on safeguarding, including the House of Bishops’ Promoting a Safer Church; safeguarding policy statement 2017; the House of Bishops’ 2006 Policy on Safeguarding Adults (Promoting a Safer Church); and the House of Bishops’ and diocesan safeguarding policies and practice guidance. Information on the Church of England’s safeguarding policies may be found here: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding
• Information about safeguarding from Peterborough Diocese may also be found here: https://kingscliffe.church/safeguarding/
Anyone with queries or concerns about safeguarding at St Nicholas' Church may contact the Curate, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Carole Fitzsimons, can be contacted via email@example.com